13 September 2007

On a brighter note

There have actually been a couple of bright spots lately.

My diabetes is actually improving somewhat. I've lost a little weight and my average blood sugar is down somewhat. It's still elevated, but has given me some hope that if I can continue losing weight and following a sensible diet it can be overcome. My initial goal is to lose about 45 pounds (target weight of 220). Once I get there I'll see if I can get to 200, I don't remember the last time I weighed that much, but it's been a long time.

In other good news, we have a new pet, and I'm pretty sure this one can't send me to the hospital. We got a cockatiel from our good friends. Her name is Zoe (it was Zeke until she laid an egg, providing incontrovertible proof of her sex). She's really a lot of fun.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 23 September, 2007 17:51, Blogger Ken Tennyson said...

Glad you are doing better on that front, I hope the good news becomes a theme!

So glad that Zowie is with such a great family and getting the attention she deserves. We will definitely stop by and visit sometime soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Add to The Free Dictionary Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.